DIY Window Installation -

Exactly.

I don't anticipate having to do it again before we leave here in our boxes but you never know, the Grim Reaper might not want us.

Or one of us ... :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Right, thanks.

Hm - for how long though ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Email me if you think you might get further north - I'll have tea and home-baking ready for you. I think you have my _real_ email address?

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

It seems that the trade bodies are having undue influence. Next will be plumbing, then gardening (these lawn mower blades are really sharp - leave it to a professional)

Car DIY - must be inspected by a qualified mechanic after any work relating to safety issues (tyre pressure, brake work, starting the engine etc.)

Reply to
sid

Why is 15 minutes different from 16 minutes?

Or 14 minutes?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Possibly ...

I doubt that we'll have the energy to go to Sutherland ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Why am I laughing ... :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's a gorgeous drive up the west coast.....

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

I'm sure ... mail me with your addres ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

This worries me...

I have an existing window, single glazed sash, that's pretty old & the sashes are in pretty bad nick, but the frame oitself is fine. The fram does have a problem in that it's been pushed back into the room by about

30mm and needs reseating...

If I do the work myself, remove the window frame, clean up the brickwork, put it all back with new double glazed sashes (From copycat), do I need to get it certified? (The house itself is 1890's and the sash certainly looks old enough to be original).

TIA

Hamish.

Reply to
Hamie

This worries me...

I have an existing window, single glazed sash, that's pretty old & the sashes are in pretty bad nick, but the frame oitself is fine. The fram does have a problem in that it's been pushed back into the room by about

30mm and needs reseating...

If I do the work myself, remove the window frame, clean up the brickwork, put it all back with new double glazed sashes (From copycat), do I need to get it certified? (The house itself is 1890's and the sash certainly looks old enough to be original).

TIA

Hamish.

Reply to
Hamie

Nope that would be outside the regs since it would count as a repair rather than a replacement.

Reply to
John Rumm

Address and directions sent.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Ah good... In that case I'll proceed...

I wonder how much of the original you need before a repair turns into a replacement :)

[No, it's a repair, because the sash cord is original, I just replaced the rest :) ]
Reply to
Hamie

How about just keeping the view? ;-)

Reply to