DIY surgery

Ouch. Do they really have to show an image of a scalpel, too? Eye-watering stuff.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Sorry to be picky but I don't count it as DIY when the bloke got someone else to do the op. IMHO real DIY surgery is summat like

Robin

It happens in every 3rd world country.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

harry

When my partner's brother-in-law, who was a surgeon, broke his kneecap in a motorcycling accident, he operated on it himself, as he didn't trust anybody else to do it.

Reply to
Nightjar

Is he a better surgeon than a motorclyclist:-)?

Reply to
ARW

My uncle in Australia removed a melanoma from his eyelid himself.

When he subsequently visited a "pro" he was told that he had actually done quite a good job, but I think it needed a little tidying up.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

El Reg's take on it:

Mike Tomlinson

And for a more plausible DIY angle:

John Rumm

En el artículo , John Rumm escribió:

I bet every single male reading that winced and metaphorically crossed his legs! Silver lining - at least he didn't fall off and was suspended by said testicle.

Australians, eh.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Of course that sort of reply needs further investigation:-)

Heather died of a drugs overdose in 2012

But then I found this

which has the following quote in it (most of it is a bit queasy)

"I had a cough, so I was a bit like a whale ? every time I coughed, some fluid would come out of the hole in my head."

And finally a bit of a video (I think that it is Heather)

ARW

Now that's different! lol

Reply to
pamela

A nice reminder that uk.d-i-y is not a "safe space" :)

Reply to
Robin