DIY starter kit

You forgot "roundtuits" ......

Reply to
tony sayer

> Forge Steel Tool Kit 23Pcs £33

Is that the green mains one or the blue cordless?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Indeed. Someone starting out at DIY is best to avoid power tools except when necessary. Walk before running. So a drill would be just for drilling holes. And a mains one does that job better for a lot less money.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If he really wants to DIY, then a bottle of hand lotion and a pile of jazz mags are all the kit he needs...

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

Forge Steel Tool Kit 23Pcs £33

How about a B&D Workmate?

Apart from that just hand tools at first. And buy a few good ones, nothing puts someone off so much as a bendy spanner and a blunt knife.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I had a task that was just asking for that tool - of all things I had to raise a kitchen worktop because the t*t who installed it hadn't taken into account the height of washing machines, etc. Only 10mm was required. Fortunately not tiled, just faced chip board. So I made a

10mm spacer and diligently used the multitool to cut out a line for a 10mm fillet. Soon enough gave that up as it ate blades and was tediously slow - the tedium was only relieved by thinking up an alternative which was the biscuit jointer, which created no end of mess but did the job in about 2 minutes.
Reply to
robgraham

Didn't we overlook the first aid kit he's bound to need?

Reply to
82045

>> Forge Steel Tool Kit 23Pcs £33

I've been using the green, mains version.

I am currently replacing the bathroom suite which requires repositioning of the basin and changes of pipework. The multitool was very handy for cutting floorboards (its an old house with solid square edged floorboards) it also made quick work of cutting off, awkward to get at, bidet pipework. The cutter also went through the various waste pipes which were in confined spaces.

A lot quicker and easier than using the wood/metal saws which were the previous option. Needless to say it is mainly of use in cramped situations rather than to replace conventional tools.

km

Reply to
km

And to finish; a hammer, screwdriver(s) and a spirit level. Sorted.

Reply to
Lino expert

I'd love a bendy spanner. Big rubber one.

Does anyone know if you can get them as dog toys? A biker mate's dog would love one too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Metric or Imperial?

Reply to