DIY secondary double glazing - Superglaze

Hello, has anyone fitted their own secondary double glazing? I'm thinking of putting it in our living room, which is two rooms knocked together with victorian sash windows at each end (one of which is a bay window). The intention would be to improve draughtproofing and reduce heatloss. Soundproofing is not really a problem for us. I just had a look online at "superglaze", the second product in here:

know anything about this or have any other comments?

Cheers!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

My windows are similar Victorian sashes and 15 years ago, had no real choice other than to secondary 'glaze' using a similar plastic stripping system. Didn't use glass as the windows are really big and I wasn't keen on the glass weight and other safety aspects. Used Wickes acrylic sheet and their own stripping system. Yes!. Heatloss was markedly reduced and draughtproofing (and soundproofing) are excellent.

Reply to
john