DIY - Renewing UPVC Weatherstrips

Any workable suggetions grateful. My front door is quite new UPVC wit

a superglued weatherstrip which has about 2" broken off. I have a ne one but the old one looks like it was superglued on. How can I get i off without damaging the door. Can superglue be softened or dissolve effectively. - Grateful for suggestions - bar buying a new £400.00 doo of course

-- AndyB19

Reply to
AndyB19

Both my new upvc doors have a single Phillips head holding screw through the weatherstrip into the door which can only be seen by placing a mirror under the door. For super glue remover Google for super glue remover.

Reply to
Factor 13

Steam will dissolve super glue but it is a slow job.

Reply to
Factor 13