DIY puzzle - automatic PC depresser!

If the laptop is set up to sound an indicator that an email has arrived, why not set up a scheduler to send an email on cue?

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

I have a feeling it can do that without actually waking up. Or, putting it another way, I'm not sure that that would constitute a qualifying 'action' to prevent it sleeping.

Reply to
Roger Mills

On 11 Aug 2015, Andy Burns grunted:

Thanks a lot for some great suggestions; however Andy is closest to winning the virtual pint with the above suggestion. I tried googling for his "mouse jiggler" and came up with the following youtube clip:

Totally fantastic!! As it happens, my watch has a second hand, so all I need to do is remove it, lay it on the desk, and simply put the mouse down on top of it when not using it. The second hand keeps the mouse activating continuously, as it has done all day long today.

Couldn't imagine a better solution to the problem, really! :)

Reply to
Lobster

This must breach the spirit of the firm's arrangement big time. Now you can go out to lunch for hours, leaving the keyboard wide open for intruders/family to hack into their systems!

Reply to
therustyone

That's very clever and very irritating.

I've worked at home for several years, with a similar arrangement - a heavily locked down Windows laptop, with a short screen saver lockout time. Like David, I do a lot of work on my own machine (it's faster & runs Linux...) so the lappie locks out all the time. The irritating bit is I've spent years being annoyed by this and now I have a cheap, effective solution, I'm ... retiring in 2 weeks.

Reply to
Huge

I agree! Couldn't be better. Someone scrap that stupid email idea!!!!!

Reply to
RayL12

That's my quote of the day!!

Reply to
RayL12

Doh!! And now this point of view crops up.

OK, call back the email idea guys. Let's take responsibility for our lack of, otherwise inactivity.

Reply to
RayL12