DIY Panel blinds

Does anyone know where I can obtain the hardware to enable me to make this sort of blinds....

RzB

In article , RzB writes

latest site results in 'no hits'. Turns out it is still there but the parts have been renamed Kvartal, search for that & guess what, 'no hits'. If you can face the hassle you may find what you need by navigating from 'Products A-Z' to that range. I've used them for a couple of big windows and room divisions & they look fine.

Things to watch out for: Costs creeping up from needing lots of relatively lower cost items. Material curling in on long drops. Drawing may be difficult with lighter materials & high ceilings, they have drawing rods but they're meant for 'normal' ceiling heights. Runners (single & 3track) are in shortish 1.4m lengths & transitions over joins are noticeable on drawing.

Reply to
fred

Fred, Many thanks for the pointer. I looked all over and there it is in Ikea! Very interesting points that you make... 1.4M hmm that's a bit short! I'll investigate some more. Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

I bumped into the IkeaPlus site - got all excited that they were now selling/delivering on the web. Then found that IkeaPlus is no longer operational but got redirected to

"Now delivering across the UK" - then I looked at the prices...

They charge a Service Charge and a Delivery charge. Service charge between 17.5% and 20% Delivery based on Value of goods and area - between £40 and £105....

If I understand their web site correctly, goods to the value of £3000 would end up costing £3705 if you lived in Zone D - wherever that is...

I know Ikea prices are pretty competitive but it seems a bit steep to me !

Roy

Reply to
RzB

The message from "RzB" contains these words:

To which the answer would be "Take a running jump", I presume.

Reply to
Guy King