DIY mum left with horrific burns

Same here, although I avoid deliberate contact. The only effect it has had on me if I've forgotten to use barrier cream is temporarily dry skin - same as for plaster or lime. It may even be that the dry skin is caused by washing my hands more often than normal whilst using these products (more recently, I've switched to just rinsing them).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

No such thing someone who is exhibiting stupidity is being stupid at that moment. Go read the book.

Reply to
Steve Firth

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:49:15 -0800 (PST), therustyone gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

Well it is obviously just a complete cover up. To me it is the result of a long night of passion, resulting with the inevitable carpet burns !

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st

The evidence is all around us.

Reply to
Old Codger

As I understand it NVQ assessor should be actually working in the job they are assessing and at a level above the top of the NVQ. Not just a useless paper pushing box ticker.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Must be pretty crap "engineering". She does not appear to have the intelligence or the capability of a shop floor worker and she certainly cannot be an engineer.

Reply to
Old Codger

Tim Watts wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@squidward.dionic.net:

That one's a keeper

Reply to
Chris Wilson

They could do with using that sign on the self service tills in Morrisons.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

During the last 'panic buy petrol' crisis there was a woman teacher who used a vacuum cleaner to suck petrol from a cars fuel tank. One of those vacuum cleaners with a brush motor...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Looking at the picture of the sack, it says it is self-levelling compound, which may well behave differently from cement.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

During the petrol shortage in the early 70s, I ran a small motorcycle, and thought it was worth siphoning a little out of the tank to put on one side as a buffer stock.

Whilst I was in the garage doing this, with a manual siphon pump, the connecting door to the house slid open, as my (then) wife thrust the loudly whirring upright Hoover into the doorway.

My vociferous response was deemed to be "overreaction" :-(

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

The report did refer to lime in the mix and lime is much worse than mere cement.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Jo Brand. An absolutely ghastly women.

I switch channels whenever she appears these days.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

That's the bunnny! Not!

Ditto.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Having seen the photos I have come to the conclusion that her knees (post cement) are her most attractive feature.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Heheheh

There was a bloke in Southend-on-Sea who was working in a lock-up, in the black as a motor mechanic. He was working on a top-of-the-range Jaguar at the time and decided to vacuum up some spilt petrol....

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Isn't she really John Sergeant in drag?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

Holy shit.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

What is it with people standing chatting in the middle of the aisles in Morrisons? I know they do it in all shops but for some reason Morrisons seems worse - the old dears just stand there and block the whole aisle and are immune to all but a good hard shove with a trolley[1].

[1] Insert smiley of choice here - I don't really do it - but I can wish.
Reply to
Skipweasel

Many years ago my uncle Dick welded up a leaking fuel tank for a friend. He set the cleaner on blow and left it for an hour to flush the fumes out.

A few days later the friend comes back - there's a pinhole still leaking. Dick tells his friend that he's busy but that if he sets it up he'll come out in a bit and weld it up.

Friend goes down garden and - yes - leaves cleaner on suck.

Surprisingly loud bang, apparently.

Reply to
Skipweasel