DIY mum left with horrific burns

What does "inside of" mean?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Downie ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) wibbled on Thursday 17 February 2011

11:52:

I just cut them from a tweet - too lazy to rexpand them...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Streater ( snipped-for-privacy@waitrose.com) wibbled on Thursday 17 February 2011

12:48:

Must have been designed by a "stupid person(TM)" :_)

Reply to
Tim Watts

In article , Chris Wilson scribeth thus

Those who can do.. those who can't run the country;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

2011=20

Fair enough. I just thought you'd shortened them to be helpful.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

You use Twatter? And you're complaining about stupid people?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Steve Firth (%steve%@malloc.co.uk) wibbled on Thursday 17 February 2011

14:00:

Only in as much as itrs information on Southeastern trains is more complete than that provided by Southeastern!

Don't discredit is usefullness in civilian uprisings too!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Most web browsers assume http. I suspect you're complaining about your newsreader not recognising them as URLs, a problem not easily solvable since they just look like arbitrary text.

Reply to
Huge

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Those who can't teach become OFSTED inspectors as I say.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

figures.

It's not about re-expanding them but explaining would probably be lost on you :-)

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It's odd - I've always been well aware of the potentially harmful effects of cement when I've been working with it over the years, and to be honest have quite regularly had the stuff on my hands for reasonably lengthy periods without being unduly concerned, and with absolutely zero adverse effect on my skin. Ever.

Are there types of cement which are more or less likely to produce a reaction? Or do I just have leather for skin or something?

David

Reply to
Lobster

The graffiti in the subway at my local station is more complete than the info provided by Southern Rail.

Hmmm, as far as I can tell we mobilise at Parliament Square where Arabella & Tarquin will provide munchy cheesecake.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Man at B&Q ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) wibbled on Thursday 17 February 2011

15:06:

Cheeky sod ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ditto.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher ( snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid) wibbled on Thursday 17 February 2011 16:16:

I've not had a problem but I do tend to hose myself off after handling wet cement/concrete after 5-10 mins (because I'm a pikey and not above using my fingers on fiddly bits) and I always sluice my eyes immediately if the wind catches a bunch of dust into my face while loading the mixer.

I have seen pictures of hairy builders with a small localised burn though - so I guess it is partly how tough your skin is, and whether there were any lesions to start with and how long exposure was allowed to continue.

She's a woman and not a builder so probably finer skin, and she may well have let it remain in contact for some time before going "ow".

Reply to
Tim Watts

Hey, watch it ; my wife was a PE teacher, but I suppose you did say "take gym".

Reply to
robgraham

Well that's Stephen Fry told, good and proper...

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You may want to read the book "The Power of Stupidity" by Giancarlo Livraghi to discover why Mr Fry is as capable of being stupid as the next man. You may read it for free if you like

's in English so no need to worry about having to learn Italian.

I used to exchange the odd email with Mr Fry in the early days of public access to the nertnet. He's related to a friend of mine and whereas he's a pleasant chap, he's no genius. You do realise that when he does QI he's reading from cards, don't you?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Whether Stephen Fry is a stupid as the next man rather depends on to whom he is standing near. Fortunately QI seems free of the fashionable blights of both brute celebrity, and the ubiquitous Paul Merton. Rich Hall in particular needs to be let out more - his piece on the Southern USA was a marvel of incisive documentary. So much better than Louis Theroux's, "stand next to the racist and look naively English, whilst hoping they chew off their own foot for you" approach. We should see more of Rich Hall.

Personally I have an inability to leave a note to the milkman in under a thousand words, so Twitter is clearly not for me. Fry's forte though is the perfect Wildean bon mot, so it suits him well. Possibly as the only person who can make use of it so well, without turning into a clipped literary Dalek.

You have however confused stupid with stupidity. We are all, except You and Andy Oakley, capable of occasional stupidity and no doubt Fry is no better. However the odd lapse doesn't make us stupid people, as you class the Twitterers. To kneel in wet cement, having forgotten the dire warnings on the bag is a lapse of stupidity. Going to court in the assumption that it must have been someone else's fault is what requires an inherent and consistently-practised role as a stupid person.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hear Hear. Louis Theroux should be silently forgotten.

But I like Paul Merton. Like Bill Oddy , he probably ghas secret passions and that makes himn less one domesnional than many others.

Another person I would cheerfully never set eyes or ears on again is that fat comedienne (soi called)..the one that used to be a psychiatric nurse and now belongs in her own ward.

s8me 4 me dood

I was talking to my insurance broker.."the actuaries estimate that £60 of every car insurance payment is to cover uninsured third party losses, and another £100 is the cost of personal injury claims".

Reminds me of the chap who came to buy my smashed Opel Manta years ago to use as a basis for building a rally car..'So what do you do when not rallying' 'I am a retired policeman - ill health - early retirement and a good pension' 'oh and how old are you?' '45'. Ho hum. too ill to drive a blues and twos, but not a rally car eh?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher