DIY mince pies a no-no

Page 2 of 5

We'll be into vacuum cleaner hoses next.....watch this space. ;)
PoP

surface.
I was going to say that since I've spent all afternoon making mince pies I'm too buggered to reply.
Then I decided against it.
Mary

?? never known anyone use puff pastry for mince pies before !!

Non PC joke follows below, ROT13'd.
Lre jung? Jung ryfr jbhyq lbh hfr sbe *zvapr*cvrf?
DG

I prefer them with shortcrust pastry but here is puff pastry recipe.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/mincepies_2508.shtml
: wrote: : : >> Bought the puff pastry : > : >?? never known anyone use puff pastry for mince pies before !! : : : Non PC joke follows below, ROT13'd. : : Lre jung? Jung ryfr jbhyq lbh hfr sbe *zvapr*cvrf? : : DG
jung'f hacbyvgvpnyyl pbeerpg nobhg gung? Fhmnaar

What's all this crap about?

You're using Outlook Express and ICMFP :)
Does OE have a ROT13 setting? It's a way of encoding messages....though I think OE's method of encoding to a text-based medium is to apply HTML. -- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs

Yup, OE has ROT13, go to "Message/Unscramble".
A bit like the "reveal" button on teletext, for those not familiar with it.
Fraser.

Like it says, it's ROT13'd. For the uninitiated, it means that it can be translated by swapping each letter with the letter 13 places up or down the aphabet. But you knew that really, didn't you!
--
Cheers,
Set Square
Snowman wrote:

Select the message, click on Message, then the Unscramble ROT13 option (2nd from bottom), then all will become clear.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

If you really have nothing better in life to do, that is
--
geoff

Oh, I do, I do. Killfiling you, for a start.

(2nd
But not worth the energy.
Mary

be fubhyq V fnl 'cbyvgvpnyyl hapbeerpg'? or should I say 'politically uncorrect'?
Jungf ebg13 naljnl?

Mince pies are made with shortcrust. How bloody lazy do you have to be to buy puff pastry rather than make shortcrust?
wrote: : : > Bought the puff pastry : : Mince pies are made with shortcrust. How bloody lazy do you have to be : to buy puff pastry rather than make shortcrust?
Wanted puff pastry pies just like my mother made. She used frozen puff, but made absolutely everything else, bread, conserves, etc. Puff pastry is hard to make correctly and a lot of cookbooks advise buying it. But the taste is much superior to shortcrust as long as they are being eaten very fresh.
If I was bloody lazy, I'd just have bought them. And not involved the tiny people in the process. That added a lot of washing to the piles, clothes and dishes.
And I will be bloody lazy next time. 4 days off work ain't enough for this malarky.
:)~ raspberries to you Suzanne
:a flame-free environment.

Absolutely. My long departed mother bought in puff pastry despite making just about everything else.
--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.