DIY Meet 12th April

Just a reminder as it is only a week away now....

If you are within commuting distance of the Thames Valley (Reading in particular) why not come along for a beer and some food (note: at your own expense - buy what you consume!).

Tuesday 12th April @ 7:30pm onwards. Location is The George which is just off the Winnersh junction on the A329M:

is good. Some reasonable choices of beer. Car parking available.

It's completely informal, wives and girlfriends welcome. If the weather was okay (possibly not at this time of the year) we could sit outside by the river.

Last time we were there we were at the far end of the building from the entrance. However we'll have to be dictated by whatever seating is available.

I'll try to remember to put a sign marked UK.D-I-Y on the table.

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting usenet messages is configured such that my antispam filter will automatically update itself so that the senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do need to contact me please visit my web site and submit an enquiry -

Andrew McKay

Or just a few Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues discreetly dotted around? :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Or follow the yellow Cat and DeWalt boots. And there may be a caber leaning in the corner.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Oh and Lord Hall will be wearing his top hat.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

And look out for DrDrivels car in the car park:

John Rumm

...will you be wearing your clogs and cloth cap?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Reprints of Part P reduced to beermat size?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think that you may be confusing this with your normal activity of following the yellow brick road.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Are you going to lend him yours? Don't forget the chip from your shoulder....

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Doctor Evil writes

How can you mock when you're too much of a coward to even turn up ? I suppose that even if you tried coming along, you'd get lost and end up in Manchester

Reply to
dimmkiller

And some John Prescott stickers for the urinals?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Now you're just taking the piss!

Reply to
Dave

Is Manchester in the third world?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

It sounds as though it could be a really good bash. I hope you're going to report on it, here?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Nope. It's just that dirty smelly bit between the Lake District, Yorkshire Moors, Peak District and Cheshire plains that sensible people try to avoid going to.

Reply to
Mike

Mary, here are some pictures of an earlier London one:

took them, I just compressed them for a website.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I admit that Manchester isn't my favourite destination but it isn't dirty and it isn't smelly. It's just big.

It's mot as big as London but it's not as dirty or smelly either.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's wonderful, thanks!

But I don't know some of the people so we'll definitly need a new set next week :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Doctor Evil writes

That's the International Man of Mystery guise blown then

Reply to
dimmkiller

Mary, Ed was poisoned. He is choking. The current Ed must be an impostor.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil