DIY Legality

You mean the 12 volt radio with its transformer brick in the socket outlet.

Reply to
A.Lee

Are electrical inspection certificates now a legal requirement (as opposed to something which NICEIC et al like to push in order to get more business for their members)?

Reply to
Robin

No. The installation must be 'safe', but there is no definition of what 'safe' is, and no requirement for any testing or inspection of the installation.

Reply to
A.Lee

The selection of goods on display shows that the people living there are a bit snobbish. E.g. Ginseng extract - pah!

Reply to
johannes

Which means that it will be never be switched off at source.

Reply to
johannes

No, your reaction shows *you* are a bit snobbish. Like drivel.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You need to change your social circle, Judith ;-)

Reply to
Trigger

Not too sure about the switch on the wall almost immediately below it, TBH. I've no idea of the legality or otherwise of it, but it just seems a bit *too* close to the counter-top for my liking.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

No plug-in transformer is plugged in; follow the cable back to a normal

13A plug in the adaptor.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

It's a Pure DAB radio, it *does* have an external wall-wart.

I suggest there my be a 4-way powerstrip hiding behind the microwave as there aren't enough plugtops visible to supply all the visible appliances.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The switch is fine.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The adapter wouldn't worry me at all. The worry always used to be overloading and that was why people were advised not to use them. However, all adapters sold for decades have had to be fitted with their own fuse, so overloading isn't an issue. I've not seen an unfused adapter for a very long time.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I prefer a box of Drivel 75mg to a box of Korean Ginseng 75mg from Sainsbury's.

HTH.

Reply to
johannes

2-way adapters and double socket outlets don't need fuses. More than 2-way does.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I'll have to have a dig around in my old emails, but I remember sending John Rumm a link to a 2 to 3 gang convertor plate that did not have a 13A fuse in it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Is there no specification of a minimum distance from a sink or draining board, and a minimum gap above the work surface?

Reply to
Judith

I wonder if it was a 2-way from one socket outlet, and 1-way from the other socket outlet?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It was

on here

the bottom.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No.

Reply to
A.Lee

Judith. This is silly. Why do you hate him so much?

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder