DIY install of a Sky Digibox and Dish

Will post the whole sordid details when I get a few more round tuits.

However, I did it!

Took a little while to find the satellite, I tried the idea of setting it up on the workmate in the garden, but got nowhere. Having read a bit more, I think I probably picked up Eurobird or somesuch. I was getting loads of signal strength, but no Signal Quality, Lock, etc.

I gave up and fixed the dish to the wall and had another go. I lucked out on my second sweep, can only have taken about 5-10 mins of searching.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Reply to
cpvh

with practice you can find the bird in about 20 seconds or so... that about how long it takes me to lock onto the sky sat with my manual wind up and position sattelite dish through the roof of my motorhome,

seem's to take longer than it should due to the meters on the sky set up screen taking about 2 seconds to respond,

i always like to laugh when i'm at shows and people are hawking the latest sattelite finding gizmo for only half the price of the entire sattelite system, and it does exactly the same as the on screen signal meter does that's part of the sky box you already have.

Reply to
CampinGazz