DIY humidifier

I have double radiators, and the gap between the panels is just the right size for the lower half of a coke can to nestle in. In any room in the house that I spend time in, there is a can on the radiator. Its held pretty firmly, and presents no spill hazard, and is barely noticible as near the ends of the rads the fins are more deeply recessed.

I first cut a circle round the can, then lots of 5mm cuts along the axis of the can to allow me to fold the sharp edges down. that makes a big difference to how likely they are to cause a cut..

I top them up with a watering can whenever they run low, or I notice.

I've done this for years, and find it makes a difference. Can't hurt to try it?

M.

Reply to
Michael Murray (HotM)

Has your GP considered the possibility of Sjogren's syndrome?

Reply to
S Viemeister

Interesting.

I am assuming that the opthalmologist will consider this.

However I don't seem to be suffering from a dry mouth or vaginal dryness.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Not all will.

Sjogren's doesn't just affect women!

Reply to
S Viemeister

The magazines in Sunday papers sell these ... like a small water bath you hang over a radiator ... I know rads are off this time of year, but would still evaporate.

I live in S.Wales .... lack of humidity here has never been an issue.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Just 90% of the cases. I did read the reference. Humour alert?

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Which is why many doctors don't consider it, when dealing with a male patient - but they _should_.

Ha ha.

Reply to
S Viemeister