DIY Gadgets

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Someone has to be there to drop it so someone must be there to see it.

That's what my hen said.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I think you're confused. The buttered toast thing is about ascertaining the quality of a carpet. The toast will land butered side down on better quality carpets. It doesn't make any mess on cheeap stuff.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

HELP!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

It's just not a zen hen, is it

Reply to
raden

Her name is Zen .... honestly :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

I never realised he was that old ...

Reply to
raden

All the best people are.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Set Square writes

It's the Bedrock mafia innit

Reply to
raden

Hard hearted folk ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Owain writes

Well, they did invade England once ... full marks for trying there

Reply to
raden

There's nowhere else for them to invade ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It is getting to the point when I am being asked what I want for Xmas, and as usual I can't come up with much.

So, what really useful or fun stuff should we have on our Xmas lists? My usual problem is that if I want it and it is affordable, I've probably bought it, otherwise it is too expensive for a present.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Exactly my problem as well Chris. I'd like a Fein Multimaster but its well over our agreed pressie limit. I'm asking Santa for a Dremel this year - and I have been a good boy.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, no

Aim high. You *need* a Multimaster. Promise a trip to Rovaniemi. When's your birthday or the cat's birthday?

I have a Dremel and a Multimaster. The Dremel is certainly useful for things that it does well. The Multimaster gets used loads more - probably my most used power tool. Otherwise, buy it through the business.... Seriously, I think you'd get a lot of value from one.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A really powerful torch is always handy, so how about a 3watt LED Lenser?

The 1.5watt are still very bright, and there is a selection here:

If that is still too expensive, there are some good discounts here:

Reply to
Cats Whiskers

That's the trouble with getting old, there's nothing you need which you haven't got.

An evening at the theatre perhaps? A flint knapping course? A flying lesson? A falconry weekend?

Just things I've arranged for Spouse in the past.

He always gives me a large bottle of gin - which he drinks.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Last year I got a radiator from my parents, fence posts from my Grandad and an extractor fan from my brother. I bought my Dad a Rothenburger blow torch, and my brother a CU (which I had to fit for him of course).

This year I am giving the wife divorce papers for her Christmas present and I am not sure I will have any change left to buy any presents for anyone.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

:-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

!

What about the attachments (boiler, pipes, TRVs, other radiators etc. ?)

LOL!

Now that's something I hadn't thought about ...

... but after 47 years I haven't the energy. We used to say that we stayed together because of the children - neither of us wanted them.

Reply to
Mary Fisher