DIY fun

Had lots of little jobs to do this week.

1) Get rid of old PVC window frame and glass. Bought Butane torch and melted corners of frame so I could fold it into a s mall enough size to take to the tip.

2) Used sanding disc and blowtorch to get rid of old paint prior to paintin g and also fitted one of four PIR LED floodlights.

2019 holiday planning.

Jobs I had to pay for.

New front subframe £2000, full valet and bodywork polish £80, DAB radio fitting £175.

New jobs - track down the surgeon who saved my leg to thank him, rail trip to Manchester for 58 b/day, reply to NCP when threatening letter arrives, t rip to Penzance, pop concert in Dortmund, cycling club dinner, BP old boys dinner, new dentures, hair cut and vele vele andere.

Reply to
Simon Mason

You spent over £2k on a car that's worth £1500 - if you are lucky?

You are a special kind of stupid.....

Reply to
David Lang

And responding to trolls demonstrates gigantic intellect?

Reply to
Huge

I'd suggest getting the teeth and haircut before the dinners. Then you'll look smart and be able to eat.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

My car cost £24000 new, I got it for £13000 and it is worth ? ?5000 today. Binning a car that cost £24000 for the sake of a £

2000 part IS really stupid.

Once done it will last me another 10 years easy.

Reply to
Simon Mason

But they only sell for £2.5k-£3.5k retail.

Reply to
dennis

Most people haven't a clue what their car will actually fetch at sale time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

£5000 today. Binning a car that cost £24000 for the sake of a ? ?2000 part IS really stupid.

Yes, but I do not know how they have been treated/driven/serviced so I am h appy to spend money on mine as it has a new clutch/tyres/water pump/power s teering pump/alternator and battery, plus FSH.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Fascinating: you're obviously really quite well off.

I hope you've never published your home address in newsgroups - having given the dates your house will be empty whilst on holiday.

Reply to
Judith

Sounds like Triggers broom:-)

And when in Krakow do visit the Wieliczcka salt mines and/or Oswiecim.

Reply to
ARW

ip to Manchester for 58 b/day, reply to NCP when threatening letter arrives , trip to Penzance, pop concert in Dortmund, cycling club dinner, BP old bo ys dinner, new dentures, hair cut and vele vele andere.

Feel free to pop around - here are the dates in 2019. Please wipe your feet though as we have just had the lounge floor polished.

Simon Mason

We drove to Krakow again last year and went to Oswiecim on the way to Wroclaw which we prefer to Krakow as it is less full of tourists and just as beautiful.

Reply to
Simon Mason

2019 ......... hic! How does it feel to be so disliked Mr Mason? Some here take a dim view of me. But I'm not attacked on every post that I send. Go drive a taxi for four days per week. It will get you away from your keyboard.
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

The people that matter do not dislike me and are happy that I survived jump ing off a bridge and getting run over by a truck. Stuff the rest.

I have a very nice car and when it gets a new subframe on 3NOV16 I will hav e to get a taxi to Brough to catch the train to Penzance. Two people first class return is £900 - should be a good out and back trip with an over night stay in Cornwall - never been before.

Might get a job in Waitrose as they have very good shares and bonus schemes like BP did.

Reply to
Simon Mason

I've been to the salt mines near Salzburg. Really interesting. :)

Reply to
GB

I might agree with your sentiment but the cold reality is, if you have a bump and it's written off, the most you'll get is £2.5k - £3.5k

There comes a time when it's not a good idea to pour money into something of little value.

Reply to
Fredxxx

How many people? You MUST have a link! You always have a link................... ffs! You being disliked in groups is all down to your mouth.

Is that the Brough near Kirby Stephen?

I'm not interested in this car that you keep shouting about. With the greatest of respect to Mr Hogg; There is not very much in Cornwall Mr Mason. I've been there. Nice empty roads, nice people, nice countryside but not much to do.

No you won't. You are over qualified.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

IME the nice empty roads, nice people and nice countryside mean there's loads to do.

Reply to
Clive George

Not realistically. After a few days one runs out of places of interest to visit. Are you really going to Google?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Like saying it is no use spending £400 on new tyres for a 1967 Lotus E uropa.

Reply to
Simon Mason