DIY Enthusiasts/DIY Disasters Couples- New Primetime Saturday Night Comedy Show

Hello guys,

Don't wanna take up too much space, but thought I'd let you know about a new primetime ITV Saturday night comedy show that I'm working on that needs couples to take part, and at the moment I'm looking for couples who have small minor tiffs or disagreements about DIY. It can be about anything, such as one partner who secretly makes DIY adjustments without telling the other, or they think they are much better than they actually are, or even people that want to make extreme changes to their home that the partner doesn't agree with.

It doesn=92t matter how small or ridiculous the issue may be =96 it could be an annoying habit, a strange hobby, or something silly that they just always argue about.

Our celebrity comedy panel will watch each couple in action, listen to both sides of the story, and then ultimately decide who they think is right, and who is wrong. This is the chance for partners to finally get your own way on an issue that=92s been driving them mad!

We filmed a pilot of this show earlier in the year, and our comedians included Jack Dee, Jo Brand and Sarah Millican.

If you think this is you, or could be a couple you know please pass along the details and get them to get in contact with us. It would be a really fun experience and we would cover travel fees for anyone involved as well as compensation for their time.

Feel free to contact me on snipped-for-privacy@zeppotron.com if you'd like any more information or an application form. Or give us a call on our hotline on 0333 577 7772.

Thanks!

Reply to
TVCouplesShow

"I'm a DIYer, get her out of here"?

Reply to
dennis

Oh god, not another one.

Reply to
Skipweasel

"I'm heartily sick of crap telly, but sadly Radio 4 is going the same way."?

Reply to
Skipweasel

Yup, trying to milk the public for cheap TV. In return for humiliation.

Reply to
Bob Eager

God no. Please, no more crap telly.

Are you really so bereft of fresh ideas that this is the best you can come up with? Have you considered a "Watching paint dry" program? Or how about a program about clueless program makers who can't come up with a single original thought and who all get the sack? It could be a fly-on-the-wall sort of documentary of the misery of their lives.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Never has an issue come up on this forum that is more suited to being solved by the forceful application of an angle grinder.

Reply to
dom

Just to be clear the programme will feature a variety of different couples with funny and amusing stories to tell about their relationships, I am just looking for any interesting DIY stories out there that couples may have, and thought this would be an interesting forum to find them. It is not our intention to humilate anyone, but simply have fun with the couples and the comedy guests.

If it doesn't sound like your thing than fair enough, but we think it would be great fun to take part in, and any couples will be compensated for their time.

Dan

Reply to
TVCouplesShow

What are their qualifications to judge DIY? Or is it just another taking the piss show?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you also 'just compensate' the panel 'for their time'?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

The focus of the show is ont he couples, and the small funny tiffs they may have about a variety of topics, not just DIY. The comedy panel will be offering their views on whatever the topic maybe and having a laugh with the couple about these small obsessions, hobbies or quirks.

We will provide travel, accomodation and money for the time used for each member of any couple we use.

Dan

Reply to
TVCouplesShow

More to the point who are they and why are they celebrities? I'm sure Tommy Walsh would be funnier and knows a bit about DIY. The whole thing stinks, are they going the reconstruct the funny bits or is it just people telling stories? Sounds like fourth rate TV so its probably CHB.

Reply to
dennis

snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

Its a range of coemdians as the show is not just about DIY, its about a whole range of subjects and interests, but at the moment I am just investigating DIY stories to see if there are any interesting tales to tell.

We have a panel of comedians to add light to the couples stories and relationships, as its a very light-hearted comedy show for Saturday night TV.

Dan

Reply to
TVCouplesShow

Good point! Plus afterwards you get to use its second-in-command, the pressure washer.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Bastard, you stole my idea! ;-) Although I had envisioned "the sack" as something with more comedic value, such as being hurled among a rampant pack* of rabid monkeys via trebuchet. Naturally, this would require filming in the jungle, because that's more "real life".

  • what is the collective term for monkeys? Obviously, I've put as much thought into my concept as the average reality TV show maker.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Will you also compensate anyone who watches the programme for their wasted time?

Reply to
Mark

snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

Yo've got a bunch of people with a colelctively wide range and depth of expertise here telling you they could do far better. Why not ask them what they suggest instead, you might even get something of some value. This is primarily a knowledgable sort of place, which hopefully you'll ahve figured from the responses so far.

Do I have any ideas? Yes, one, but I expect it would go well outside your remit & skill set. It would however be of far more value than what you're doing now.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

,

I am simply looking for people who might want to take part, and up for some fun on a light-hearted comedy show. If this doesn't interest you then that's fair enough, if it does or you feel anyone else may want to take part then feel free to pass on my details.

Thanks guys,

Dan

Reply to
TVCouplesShow

And a can of foam.

Reply to
Skipweasel

One thing most people here can tell you is...when you're in the bottom of a hole, stop digging.

Reply to
Skipweasel