DIY Drugs

"recipe" on the internet.

David John Platt, from Johnstown, Wrexham, actually made a toxic form of drain cleaner in error, Mold Crown Court was told.

Platt stopped breathing after taking the liquid and was resuscitated. Four other people were hospitalised.

What a twit, how the hell is he still alive?

Digressing though, I notice the judge is calling for websites that publish such information to be shut down. How the hell do they intend shutting down websites hosted overseas? Just goes to show how people in high places have no idea about how things work.

Reply to
Dark Angel

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

The Chinese seem quite intent and fairly proficient in making censorship work. Make the most of current freedoms while you may.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

resort to a "rape" drug to comply.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

attention.....

Reply to
The Wanderer

The message from Mike Halmarack contains these words:

I gather they're not very good at it at all. The recent decision by Google to accquiesce to their demands for censorship apparently has little real effect as it's easily bypassed.

Reply to
Guy King

The participants were all willing. GHB is widely used for recreational purposes, the "date rape" handle is another tabloid invention.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Look at it like this. Say you are a really smart Chinese guy who can bypass the censorship measures and I'm a not so smart Chinese guy who had to remain within them. Whose door is more likely to come flying of it's hinges in the middle of the night? Censorship doesn't have to work directly, it just has to have the required effect.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Ok but the joke definitely wouldn't have worked having it your way.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

This scared me:

Brett Williams, prosecuting, said: "The defendant would have succeeded in what he had intended to make if he had added household bleach."

Reply to
TimB

The message from "Weatherlawyer" contains these words:

I'm not. Bloody silly idea. Say the bloke up the road throws his litter all over the road, I have a polite word with him and he beats the shit out of me. He has lots of relatives - I have bruises. That's not justice.

Reply to
Guy King

Quite right. The psychos are the ones that will rule the roost. Good job the police and the rest of the legal system is geared up to cater for them. What is the sentence for one of them killing a policeman these days, if he is a millionaire?

And how much does it cost to get that far?

And why would you want to have a polite word with someone like that? What you do is get a confederate or two to back you up, wait until he is a soft target and jump him, incognito. After rubbing his shit in his face you give him a sound thrashing and wait for improvements or reapercussions.

Either situation will have a lasting resolution. You'll be walking on eggshells for ever maybe. Especially if you rope in assistants that might not be very secretive. But it would polarise things somewhat.

Eventually the number of overt psychos will drop and life will get a little easier for the citizens. Leaving you a little strung out though and heading for your own psychosis.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rick saying something like:

Damn near succeeded in taking 3 others with him - a result in anybody's book.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon