"DIY Disasters" ....TV's worst ever DIY show?

Yes indeed, we know that, the traders and production company know that, but no one is telling the couch potatoes on the other side of the glass - hence they think that as long as they have a cordless drill to screw the screws in and a 'skil' saw to cut the MDF....

Reply to
:Jerry:

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember ":Jerry:" saying something like:

A Rawl Bit.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Rawltool. One for each size of plug. Hammer drills didn't make then redundant on hard masonry - we had to wait for SDS for that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed, I was still using the self same tool and bits in the 1980's when helping to renovate a late 1800's heavy-engineering workshop built out of blue engineering brick - nothing else would touch either brick or mortar...

Reply to
:Jerry:

The message from ":Jerry:" contains these words:

I was using them (occasionally) on the gritstone my useless hammer drill made no impression on right up to when I bought my first SDS drill. Can't remember exactly when but it must have been at least this millennium as Adam (as Dribble then called himself) rubbished my choice.

Reply to
Roger

Yes, it is, really. Having now seen 3 instalments, I'm not so impresssed, but I do seem to pick up about one useful idea per show, if I'm lucky, so I'll watch it, if I happen to be vegging out in front of the box, flicking through the channels serching for something half-watchable. I watch Tommy watsit's "Challenge" for the same reason.

Rick

Reply to
Rick J H