"DIY Disasters" ....TV's worst ever DIY show?

Well the part that bore the blow of the hammer probably took the same 'bits' that the above tool did...!

Reply to
:Jerry:

Philplug (sp?) ?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

it was called Rawlplastic.

Reply to
Andy Hall

So say £75,000. It might as well be half a million. If I could afford £75,000 I could buy a house with that.

The sort of people who shop at Aldi and Lidl to save a few pennies each week to put in the "new toy" jamjar.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Glib remark resisted

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Cashing in is never a bad thing

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Well that rules out Norm Abraham then!

Reply to
:Jerry:

Especially if it's a Makita with full technical support and spares on the shelf and a free support tel No. Boy will the holes be round.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes - that was a different brand of the same stuff.

Each tin came with a little L-shaped ramrod with a point at one end to "start" the screw.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

1) Bring back Barry Bucknall 2) there was a programme about a couple renovating a very old fortified farm in Northumberland. They did it all without power tools, and had to bring all materials about 1 mile up a track in and old utility truck. The "tiles" they put on the roof were heavier and bigger than most patio slabs. They had my admiration!
Reply to
Broadback

Brilliant stuff. Used it for years. Ought to be ten times dead by now.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Let's not go too far, He was the culprit behind paneling doors in hardboard.

Yes but it was the north east. They do that kind of heavy manual labour there - coal mining and such like.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Rawl tool?

I am far to lazy to contemplate 20 holes in concrete with a rawl tool though! ;-) There are plenty of other jobs I would not entertain doing without an appropriate power tool.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sounds like you live South of the Watford Gap Andy!

Reply to
Broadback

You mean, up north they're not shy of hard graft...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Oh certainly. However, there seems to be a debate about whether this is a cutting on the East Coast line or a service station on the M1.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Different form of hard graft.

As my great grandmother used to say of people who didn't do manual jobs.... "He works with his head".

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, the reason is that all the real work is done by experienced tradesmen behind the scenes, who don't believe in making life hard for themselves.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Everything is relative. As I said, there are one or two very expensive machines such as the wide belt sander. If one takes that out as well as the multiples of some machines such as the lathes, then the equipment used in most projects would come to about $25000 - $35000 or £15-20k

I'm not sure that that is "ordinary" though. By market share and number of stores, ordinary would imply Tesco, or measured by regional average salary and some amount of disposable income. Lidldi is too small to have a numerous enough customer base that would merit the term ordinary (in the sense of an average.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I disagree.. I make far less mistakes and get better results using power tools even the really cheap ones from Aldi. I use my £30 table saw a lot as I just can't get a straight cut with a hand saw.

Reply to
dennis