DIY disaster pictures wanted

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a website that shows photo's of dangerous / potentially lethal DIY. At the moment it's on a freebie host, but if it works I'll get a domain and have it hosted properly.

If anyone has any photo's of DIY that is potentially dangerous, then please drop me a line! Either by email, or via the website below.

Thanks

David

I think he really needs info on professional disasters, there seem to be very few DIY ones in comparison.

Regards Capitol

David wrote:

Reply to
Capitol

On 19 Feb 2005 15:02:07 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net (David) strung together this:

Try Google, there's at least 2 threads from recently on DIY disasters.

Reply to
Lurch

Poor site with popup adds - the Internet's biggest annoyance.

Reply to
kmillar

some hum-dingers there.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Absolutely

Reply to
fred

Ah, you can see it now.... a handy web site for use by phony tony and friends to justify yet more nanny state legislation! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Part Q1, outlawing the sale of hacksaws with plastic pipe for example......

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not wishing to be pedantic, but the word does feature somewhat prominently on your website ....

brugnospamsia

Frank, have you sent him the pictures of your boiler installation? You should ASAP.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

If it drives away dangerous people like you, I think it a very good thing.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

That would need to go in the masterpiece gallery. No hacksaw in sight......

Reply to
Andy Hall

Get a copy of Firefox. You'll soon forget all about popup ads.

Reply to
Huge

On 19 Feb 2005 15:38:49 -0800, "kmillar" strung together this:

No pop-ups here, maybe you should use a proper browser?

Reply to
Lurch

Nor here actually, and I'm only using the latest version of the proverbial "improper" browser, IE.

I used to use a third-party pop-up nobbler, and TBH I think it's a Bad Thing that MS have finally incorporated this into IE functionality because it spells the end for pop-up ads as a revenue generator, and they will need to be superceded by something else.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Perhaps it will be marginally less irritating?

Besides, *I* have control over what happens on *my* computer, so I will always be able to block ads.

Reply to
Huge

proferessional work. DIYers pay a lot more attention to their work, and care what the result is, as we have to live with it for a long time.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

The problem with DIYers is that they think they know more than a competent experienced professional. The clearly do not. Must of the reasoning behind many jobs they do is clearly warped in some way. This group is full of them.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Judging by his site, he's evidently a pro sparks (and hasn't ever posted here before apparently); and he visits a diy newsgroup expecting the inhabitants to provide him with photographic evidence of bad diy work, presumably in support of his own business and in order to add more grist to the mill of the 'pro-Part P' brigade. I wonder how he defines "... if it works..."? Personally I think I'll pass.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I think they have been replaced by something else....enabled in IE at the same time as pop up blocking was introduced. I think it's a kind of floating window which third party pop-up blockers cannot block. I haven't seen this for myself since I use Firefox, but I remember reading something about it at the time.

David

Reply to
David Shepherd