DIY damproof injection

Has anyone any opinions on the new damp proofing 'cream'. It is an alternative to the pump injection/liquid stuff. The 'cream' comes in tubes and a type of caulking gun is used to inject it into predrilled holes. Apparently better penetration and smells less and ...
Thank you,
Neil

Have a read through this :
http://tinyurl.com/ioxt
It describes damp proofing in more detail.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 02:06:52 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "BigWallop"

Interesting article - thanks, bookmarked now.
I found a problem - and partial solution - using chemical injection. See http://groups.google.com/groups?selm1dda762.87396440%40news.demon.co.uk
-- Phil Addison The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk / Replace NO DOT SPAM with BIGFOOT DOT COM to reply

Now that's clever. I've also heard of a method which uses sealed containers filled with the damp proofing solution and are bolted to the walls and made tight and allows the brickwork to absorb the solution through the bricks at their own pace. Seemingly it takes three or four days of the tanks being bolted in place for the system to work properly, but it is testing positive for its effectiveness in getting the solution in and staying in. I'd like to see it in use to pass my own judgement on it, but it sounds like a good idea.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
Phil Addison wrote in message

brickwork the whole wall is shot to pieces so you can take your pick as to where the problem is.
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:06:14 +0100, "stuart noble"

Well, yes. The OP was asking about damproof injection, and as far as I am aware that is only applicable for rising damp.
-- Phil Addison The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk / Remove NOSPAM from address to reply