DIY burial ? (weird question)

Seeing as Muslims are buried *without* a coffin, would it be allowed by law to simply dig a 6ft hole on, say, Exmoor (with monitored permission)? Cheap burial ;-)

BTW, I haven't got anyone in mind ;-)

Reply to
Bod

I don;t think so due to the risk of it being dug up and the possibility of infection and contamination. I think you'd be OK with ashes although if it's a public place or area there might be restrictions.

I have ;)

Reply to
whisky-dave

How do you do a DIY burial :-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Lol.

Reply to
Bod

That's not DIY, that's sub contracting. It's not the digging but the DIY filling in that I have a problem with!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

beware of devaluing your sucessors property if you get planted in the garden

Adam Aglionby

:-)

Reply to
Bod

i attended a funeral a couple of years ago of a local farmer. The burial was in some scrub woodland on the farm. Ther local authority has to give permission, but it is quite possible.

Reply to
charles

My next-door neighbour owned a few fields adjacent to their cottage. Both he, his wife and her favourite horse are buried in one corner of one of them, so in principle you don't have to be buried in a cemetery of cremated. They were Jehovah's Witnesses.

More here:

I don't think you need any official permission if you just want to scatter ashes, although it might be a good idea to clear it with the land-owner.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

You build a frame to hold a trap-door above the hole, put all the soil on top, climb into the hole and pull the trap-door release cord. Of course, if you prefer to die before you are buried, you would need to rig up the release to some sort of heart monitor.

Reply to
Nightjar

An interesting link, thankyou.

Reply to
Bod

On 19/11/2014 17:14, "Nightjar

Reply to
Bod

Reply to
robgraham

Start here

Peter Crosland

I was expecting the punch line to be "a mourning's work". :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

Different country.... but my brother wanted his ashes scattered over a wild steppe with a view of a fjord and pine trees and all that in Norway, preferably within the arctic circle. We chose Tromso as the area, and had to liaise with the town bosses (not sure what they are called there) who had to get permission from people higher up who owned the whole area Tromso is in,

Bit of paperwork, and we had to mark on a map the exact spot we scattered his ashes, there were restrictions on the spots we could choose... ground water and things like that,

To scatter in one of the fjords would have been much less paperwork and everything, and they said most people don't even ask, but it's not really a problem over water.

Reply to
Gazz