Diverter valve diaphragm damage

I've just had both the diverter valve and expansion tank fail on a 1997 Worcester Combi.

Having taken the old valve to bits, I found the diaphragm to be almost crumbly...

The rubber looked like tree bark.

Any ideas what would have caused this?

Reply to
Richard Markham

6 years of being in hot water? Perhaps you were needing to top up a lot and dissolved oxygen took a part in the matter?
Reply to
Ed Sirett

need to make sure that you have no leaks letting air in the system, and you need to cleanse, desludge and add inhibitor when you have finished and tested the system. rob

Reply to
rob

In article , rob writes

Will do.