distance between tv aerial and mains socket?

It's all relative Dave, you know much more than he does.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The chocolate biscuit in front of me knows more than he does, but has the distinct advantage of being edible and tasty.

Reply to
Clive George

I don't have any neighbours. Not for 200 meters anway..

And I have my very own personal substation, straight off 11KV.

Luvverly!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not particularly, no. They are just crap thermostats running inductive loads - fan blown water convector heaters.

One day I'll get some better ones...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't think they have any...Crappy Newlec units

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you can shove 75Mbs of network round a mains circuit, its clear that whilst not designed for it, mains can carry RF pretty well, and up to at least MW frequencies.

I should add that somewhat mischeviously, my arcing thermostats are probably NOT so much generating UHF, as putting massive spikes on teh power supply of the house.

HOWEVER the microwave in the kitchen destroys a radio on the same ring, but on on others..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ever heard of a spark transmitter? ;-)

I'd guess it's a combination of both - especially if you're on a relatively high impedance power supply.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But if you apply it often enough, it's a high frequency usage

Reply to
geoff

Its very low actually..

But it gets into everything. Even makes the PABX ring the phones...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Think I'd have fixed it by now, then.

Reply to