Distance balanced flue outlet from window ?

Thinking of having the boiler moved and one possible position would place the outlet to the side of an openable window.

Its only a small 50000 BTU boiler and the original handbook says

300mm - is this still the current requirement ?

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
nick smith

Yes I believe so, Go to Wicks diy site and their leaflet on fitting their combi system and they have diagrams of do's and donts for flue outlets

Reply to
Nick Lane

Thanks for the reply - hadn't thought of Wickes - we have a local store, so will drop in next time I'm passing.

Thanks again,

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

Depends on the boiler - fanned flue models have much more relaxed spacing requirements than the onl unfanned balanced flues. Mfrs websites often have online installation manuals with details of spacing.

Do you mean moving the existing boiler or replacing it? You _must_ have the manufacturer's instructions in order to reinstall the boiler elsewhere, and these will have the spacing instructions.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Not sure, thought it ws 450mm, but if possible don't do it. Mine is about 1.5 meters and still smells in the room wih the opening window if the wind blows. Won't kill you, just smells that way :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher