Dismantle Flymo MC300+ mower?

Hi. I have an old mower. The bearing/motor/pulley (or whatever exactly it has in there) are somewhat stiff... but I can't dismantle it!

The part where I'm stuck is the bearing of the fan/rotor assembly, which holds various things together. It seems to be held together by friction, with a steel bush inside a plastic one, but I don't know if that's the part which needs to be released, or some other.

It would be absurd if there were no easy way of removing the fan, because if you can't the whole motor assembly is stuck and can't be accessed.

Any ideas?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

It turns out the fan ("impeller") is held on a splined plastic shaft by friction, and judiciously- applied brute force removed it nicely.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida