Dishwashers

Our 20 y/o, multiply mended, disintegrating racks, Bosch dishwasher has expired - the pump doesn't run any more ...

So, what's a good brand to replace it with? I can't keep up with the dance of brand ownership.

Or do I just buy a Miele and have done with it?

Reply to
Huge

Bosch Logix (but not any other sub model - they are crappy low end).

My Logix dishwasher from 2003 had 2 faults - one solonoid valve replaced under waranty and it needed a new filter mesh - oh - and a new clip for one of the trays, which didn't cost much online.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Bosch Logiixx.

Reply to
Bob Eager

We have had a Siemens integrated model for around 10 years, it's had a pressure chamber replaced as it was clogged but that's about it. I would agree with Bosch Logixx though, we have a Bosch Logixx washer and it is much quieter and better built than my sisters Bosch Excell and my Nans Classixx.

Reply to
gremlin_95

Hot water and fairy liquid. Dishwasher = 20p per load for energy, plus tablet (25p?), plus water costs (3p)

Water and fairy liquid = 4p Plus a full load is finished quicker than it takes loading then unloading a dishwasher.

Reply to
Phil L

You might want to spend your spare time doing mind numbingly dull domestic chores, but I don't.

And at my standard consultancy rate, a dishwasher is an absolute bargain.

Reply to
Huge

But can you wash the dishes as well as a dishwasher?

I can but then when I was a student I worked in the hospital kitchens in the holidays. But to do it as well as a dishwasher you use a lot more water than a dishwasher.

Dishwasher tablets are about 10p at most (often less as I buy when they are on special offer) and the dishwasher probably uses 20p of electric for a hot wash.

Steve, if I was to offer you 30p do do a full load by hand what would you tell me to do?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hint: The tablets are easier to insert than the powder ... :o)

Reply to
Huge

Two faults! Our Hotpoint hasn't had any in that time - however that cannot be said of the Hotpoint Tumble Dryer that has had multiple belts, bearings, felt seals, slipper pads, etc. and is going tomorrow!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW