Dishwasher Wastepipe

Hi,

Further to my previous post, it is obvious fitting a freestanding dishwasher will be the most straight-forward option. The problem I have now is that the waste pipe where I want to place the machine can only accommodate 1 hose and I want to put the washing machine nearby as well. As the waste pipe is simple a vertical pipe that drains to waste, how easy would it be for someone to adapt that so it could accommodate two hoses?

Thanks again

Reply to
Endulini

I assume the waste is a vertical pipe with a trap or 'U' at the base? If so, easy peasy.

The Medway Handyman

our kitchen the logical thing to do is as you are thinking - however- what happens if you a just draining some hand washing in the sink and you have the washing machine on as well as the dishwasher. We have not had issues with the washing machine and sink being coupled but three draining at once? Could be interesting?

Reply to
clot

Obviously possible, but unlikely. The OP is talking about a WM & DW shareing a drain pipe seperate from the sink drain (if I read it correctly).

I did come across a problem once with a washing machine waste plumbed into a sink waste. The client had washed out some brushes & dumped the white spirit down the sink.

The (full) washing machine & washing got contaminated by white spirit.

I reckon it was something to do with the white spirit being lighter that water & floating on top.

You can get kits to plumb WM or DW wastes into sink waste that have a non return valve - which is how I solved the problem.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That was my concern. I could not recall whether the OP had mentioned that.

I hope our comments are of use to the OP.

Regards,

clot

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:32:17 GMT, "clot" mused:

If you actually knew what you were doing you would know of the minimum sizes of waste pipe required for different items\multiple items.

Today I watched a 'kitchen fitter' stick a sink and washing machine into a new 1 1/4" waste. Recipe for disaster.

Reply to
Lurch

Quite! That was exactly my point! I could not recall whether the OP was trying to fit into pipework that already accommodated the basin and washing machine and the detailed particulars. He needed to be aware. Regards C

Reply to
clot

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:26:46 GMT, "clot" mused:

Good stuff, I didn't mean you when i said you btw, I meant everyone that reads the post. ;)

Reply to
Lurch

No problem! I read it the way you intended! You've just grown a new Re by the way. Over the last few days, there has only been one which spawned a new thread' (to my knowledge). I'm curious as to what does this? Do you have any idea/

Today, I've wasted hours bug hunting due to searches on Google now resulting in me obtaining other than my intended targets - business directories, chatlines, cartoons, etc. Oh well, tomorrow is another day - more productive, I hope!

Reply to
clot

Ah, you meant yous not you :-)

And who said Glaswegian was incomprehensible.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

So is it "See you, Jimmy" or "See yous Jimmy" ?

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:53:42 GMT, "clot" mused:

Yep. My newsreader adds another Re: on when it wants to. Mine threads by Message ID: I believe so effectively ignores the subject line.

Don't take this the wrong way but MS OE isn't a newsreader, it's like using a screwdriver to chase out a wall. I can confidently say the problem is yours.

Sounds familiar.

Reply to
Lurch

Obviously depends on whether the Glaswegian is seeing double at the time.

Owain

Reply to
Owain