Dishwasher wash times

I have a indesit D63s, its been playign up and we have had an engineer out to look at it a few times, i turned it on at 11, its still going 4 hours later!!! The dial seesm to be stuck in the same place for the last 2 hours is this normal??

Reply to
Thee_Psycho

4 hours seems a little steep for a dishwasher, even a modern European type.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I have just phoned indesit, they say 1hr 30 on a regular cycle, engineer to visit a week tomorrow! Can I demand they take their machine back? this is the third fault its had, its only 6 months old, and i haven't used it for 2 of thosee becasue they were waiting on parts to fix a previous problem, add ot that there is a design falut on the machine where by the over flow meter can be triggered by an air bubble, rederign the machine out of action for days until the sensor dries out. Any one recomend a good economical dishwasher around £300?? My Indesit washing machine has been great the dishwasher is a pile of *£&%!!!

Reply to
Thee_Psycho

Is it now out of the 6 month period ?

Check in uk.legal as i`m sure regulations changed and the vendor has to prove that the machine wasn`t faulty from purchase if it fails within the first 6 months.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Dunno. Takes me about 10 minutes to wash and dry up manually.

Reply to
Dave Gibson

definately not put on a normal pre-wash? Mine stops by design after a pre-wash and requires a flick forward of the dial to do a normal wash.

Reply to
Wdyw

My Hotpoint (5+ years) recently started taking all night to complete a programme. It appeared to just trickle fill until it detected too much water, then started each stage. I changed the main inlet valve and everything is back to normal.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Takes me 5 minutes to load & empty the machine. Add up how many hours spent washing dishes in a year, then multiply by your hourly pay-rate. If greater than the cost of the machine, buy one. You are buying back something you can't normally buy...several hours of life that you can do with as you please. Of course, if then you spend the time watching more TV, then all hope is lost!

;-)

F./

Reply to
Fraser

Depends on the size of your household though. When our kids were teenagers the DW was great. Now they're gone its hardly worth using the thing for 2 of us. Takes up to a week to fill it and we'd have to have loads more crockery and eating irons.

Reply to
BillR

Presumably you still have the crockery and eating irons you had before the sprogs left, though?

There are only 2 of us, and I'd not be without a dishwasher.

Reply to
Huge

Or on internet ... :-(

We couldn't afford one then - but they did the washing up.

When we did buy one it was a narrow one because of space in the kitchen. Fine ofr us two though, it's on every two days.

The main reason I like it is that it's far more efficient than most hand dishwashing and I'm very fussy about that.

We originally got it to wash honey jars, it saved many hours and hot water. I wouldn't be without one now.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hmmm, eyes look guiltily to the side....

Isn't that what kids are for? Getting them to help around the house is essential, not just in a selfish way. I didn't do much myself, and the real world was a shock!

Same, I got a narrow one to fit it into an existing cupboard. It's on probably every 1.5 days, but I have two of everything anyway. Even when I'm on my own, it still runs often. I tend to avoid the utensils that don't fit in it though!

I can't think of anyone that has had one, and for some reason gone back to hand washing, other than it being impossible to plumb in, buy, or whatever being forced on them.

F.

Reply to
Fraser

Quite :-)

What a sensible attitude - but very rare. When one of our sons joined the RAF he was the only recruit who could iron his own shirtsl And that included the girls.>

Yous soon learn, don't you!

Nor do I.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hi

To the OP, dishwashers are one thing I'd consider buying used. They're very very cheap that way. Used and dishwasher dont go together (cheap...luxury), and you can get something decent for just 20.

The other real benefit is you get no guarantee whatsoever, so there's never any of the hassle you're now having. Perfect :)

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

They took a load of it with them :-)

I don't mind doing the washing up, I was well trained by my mother... I did replace DW after 12 years ( gave old one to needy relative) with a nice Neff one and I do like to run it up say once every couple of weeks .... An elderly couple we know moved into a new flat which had built-in appliances inc DW. They wouldn't use it as they were frightened of water usage (mistakenly in my opinion) as they were on a water meter. They kept vegetables in it for a year and then gave it to their daughter :-)

Reply to
BillR