dishwasher Vs eggy plate and roast dish

SearchTerm=sgs53c12gb

Hmmm. I seem to have avoided that kind of problem so far...in 12 yaers anyway. But I do run cleaner through it every month.

There was one part on ours where it seemed impossible to get the part off without breaking it - there was a retaining tab that couldn't be reached. I fixed it back on with a strategically drilled hole and a nylon nut and bolt. I now have the spare part for next time (it was the hose retainer). If a new part comes with it, it may well need to be broken.

Have you looked on the Bosch site? They have exploded diagrams - I always get Bosch spare from there (but other spares from espares).

Without knowing the exact model number I can't look on the Bosch site - you need the 'E-Nr' which is usually engraved on the top edge of the door.

Bob Eager

[...]

Tried that (with pump pliers, not just by hand), it doesn't turn. _Possible_ it's designed to unscrew but is stuck/jammed....

Reply to
Alan Braggins

If I fix it, we'll probably run cleaner through more often in future :-) (I found several pages saying it's a common problem on Bosches, but they had photos of a different design tank thing in a different position.)

I'd found the manuals there, but not the spares diagram. Thanks.

Sorry, I meant to include that: SGS53C12GC/21 Diagram tells me that the inside parts are "Cover Cap, water inlet/ condensation tube outlet", and "Sealing ring, water inlet/", but not how they lock onto "Waterinlet ,GV600,build under".

Reply to
Alan Braggins

This.

Reply to
Huge

Also hygiene. No contact with moist tea cloths or hand hot water.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

However, it may be a red herring. The water inlet valve solenoid is open circuit. I thought water was coming in (briefly) earlier, so maybe it's just burnt out in addition to the original problem, or maybe I was mistaken....

Reply to
Alan Braggins

New valve fixed it, but now (a month later) that's failed, suggesting there is another underlying cause. Or I'm just unlucky.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

But incompetently, with meaningless results.

NT

Reply to
meow2222