dishwasher Vs eggy plate and roast dish

Certainly never had that problem with our stand alone Bosch. It must be about 12 years old now, and in that time:

- new bottom for cutlery basket

- new drain hose (split after 8 years)

- two replacement levers etc. for detergent dispenser

I'm pretty happy with that, considering the parts were cheap and arrived very quickly from Bosch.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Same here, and I'm sure that's why ours have lasted so long. I use salt and powder - the powder in 10kg tubs from CPC.

Reply to
Bob Eager

2.5 hours? I should think so too! Ours normally runs on a 56 minute cycle that does an adequate job 99% of the time. There are more intensive programs if required.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It's a side effect of more energy and water efficient programs - they use less water and elec but take longer. The eco program on our new one has basic time of about 3 hours. It has other programs which are quicker, and you can make them quicker still, but it uses more elec and water.

It seems to bother my FIL greatly that program takes so long. Don't know why, since we aren't normally in a hurry. If I am I just use a quicker program

Reply to
chris French

And where's the YouTube link?

Reply to
Adrian

Hmm, I'll take some convincing that the total power consumption over 2.5 hours is less than mine uses in 56 minutes but I don't have any figures to hand. Have to look into this....

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The bullet has been bitten, I don't know the model ordered, its a Bosch for £430. From the same shop as my mate. He has never used dishwasher cleaner. If mine does not work as good I might have to swap the machines next time he goes on holiday.

Reply to
misterroy

That's far too close to "wash the dishes before you put them in".

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Two anna half HOURS??? You owe me a fresh cup of tea. I do one week's worth of one person's washing up in about fifteen minutes.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

I suspect that part of that time is cool-down, with no power being consumed.

Reply to
Bob Eager

My very basic machine only gets run about once every 2-3 days. I've always used the more intensive program, which takes about 90 minutes, as I guess some plates may be festering to some extent by then.

I do tend to rinse off at least some of the muck first, especially muck with lumps in, mainly so I don't have to clean the filter very often. I am pretty sure that I have had fewer instances of food poisoning now that plates etc get such a thorough and high temperature wash.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Odd that . I pressed the Eco button on mine and the program time dropped to

46 minutes.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Reply to
Tim Streater

Could dishwashers be tested by being filled with a selection of egged plates and a roasting dish? The plates could be left for various times. Other stains are available. I find it astonishing that the Bosch customer helpline would not answer my wife's question. "Which of your machines will match the performance of my mates"

Reply to
misterroy

That is basically what Which do.

Reply to
chris French

Ours hasn't had any problem until now, but it's just developed a problem where the check water light comes on. A combination of Google and looking at as many bits as I can suggests it's crud in what is variously described as "water inlet", "water manifold" and "metering tank":

What I can't tell is how to disconnect it from this bit inside (which from the espares page is supplied as part of the same part number, but clearly needs to be separated to get the tank off - it doesn't obviously unscrew, or pry off, but maybe I just need to pull harder - or maybe that will break something:

Any suggestions?

(Also, why does Google+ refuse to open the photos it says were auto-uploaded? But never mind, Flickr works.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

snipped-for-privacy@mdfs.net wrote on Nov 8, 2013:

So what? To me it doesn't matter at all how long the machine takes. I usually set it off last thing at night with all the day's stuff in it. The important thing is I don't have the bother of doing it myself. I hate washing up!

Reply to
Mike Lane

Bob Eager wrote on Nov 8, 2013:

I don't need to use salt - our water is very soft at 5.6 degrees Clarke

Reply to
Mike Lane

Tim+ wrote on Nov 8, 2013:

I measured the energy consumption on various programs with mine. The 'auto' program takes 2.5 hrs and uses about 0.9 kWH. With the 'quick' option the time is an hour and 10 minues but the energy goes up to 1.2 kWH

Reply to
Mike Lane

Screw the round part on the inside of the machine anti-clockwise

Reply to
misterroy