dishwasher stuck on washing cycle

Hi, open to things to try but our Siemens dishwasher bought about 1 an a half years ago doesn't get past the wash cycle it just goes on for hours . If we switch it to rinse it then completes however on a purely quick rinse cycle the dishawasher has a lot of foam inside despite us not adding any detergent.

Model is SE65E330GB

Any ideas gratefully appreciated?

Cheers Chris

Reply to
chris

Does it heat the water? It might be waiting for the water to get up to temperature, forever if there's a fault preventing heating.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks - it appears quite hot ( we put it on the hottest wash normally) but worth trying lower temp washes as it's got different temperature washing cycles so I'll go from lowest temp upwards and see what happens.

Reply to
chris

Reply to
chris

I had something similar and it was caused by a blocked drain pipe (the valve where it joined the sink outflow was stuck).

Reply to
Bob Martin

This periodically happens on our Bosch and is always due to something getting into the sump and stopping the little impeller pump thing spinning. In the Bosch you can remove the cover to the impeller (requires Torq screwdriver on the Bosch) and free the thing up and remove the bit of nut or lentil that is blocking it (not sure how they get through the course and fine filters but they seem to). Later versions of the user guide for our particular model tell you how to do this in the troubleshooting section but they weren't in our early guide and I mentioned to the Bosch people that if they were suggesting this maintenance to the public they should also provide the tool to open it up. (maybe they've changed the screwtype by now) Try emptying the machine, mopping out the sump and cleaning it all out. (perhaps look in your user guide) Hope this helps MS

Reply to
Michael Shergold

Speak to the retailler you got it from, it is still covered by the sale of goods act.

example... Q. I bought a fridge/freezer about eighteen months ago, and the freezer section has completely failed. I went back to the shop, but they refused to do anything as it was outside the original twelve-month guarantee. What are my rights?

A. If the time limit has expired on the guarantee then you have no claim under the guarantee. However, if you can show that the goods were not of satisfactory quality at the time of sale i.e. they were not as durable as it is reasonable to expect, then you may have a claim against the trader or finance company (if applicable) for compensation under the Sale of Goods Act.

-------

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says that goods should be as follows:

  • Of satisfactory quality.

This means the goods must meet the standards that any reasonable person would expect, taking into account the description, the price and all other relevant information. In some circumstances, the retailer may be liable for any statement made by the manufacturer about the goods.

Satisfactory quality includes the appearance and finish of the goods, their safety and durability and whether they are free from defects (including minor faults)

  • Fit for the purpose

that goods of this type are generally sold. They must also be fit for any specific or particular purpose made known to the seller at the time of the agreement.

Reply to
Sparks