Dishwasher Problem

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher, ADP 4504 that I bought secondhand the other day, it's about a year old at a guess.

Anyway the blasted thing seems to only wash in cold water and as I cannot really afford to pay a service engineer to come and look at it I was wondering what the most likely cause of this problem could be?

Reply to
NTL News

Most likely a broken heating element. Cheap and easy to fit. There are other possibilities, like thermostats, PCBs, controllers etc. It is usually pretty easy to tell a broken element. Measure the resistance between the terminals. It should be about 25 ohms, give or take. It will likely be that or very high, indicating failure.

Make sure you're competent to rumage about in appliances. If you fry yourself or burn your house down I will not be held responsible!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle