dishwasher operation question

finally relented and bought an SGS47E02 Bosch [was on the Which best buy list].

The thing washes great and is near silent but i have one concern which i am not sure about - drying. I recall dishwashers from yonder-years would be really hot once opened and all the dishes and the inside of the washer dry.

In mine the dishes are dry but there is a fair amount if water droplets on the walls and on the baskets you put the dishes in [which obviously drips onto the cutlery on the bottom rack]. I bought my mum the same model and i dont think hers has this problem

- is this normal or should i expect to open the thing when it is done and find a dry environment?

Thanks

Reply to
Riz1

Our Bosch (so I guess all them do) machine uses the residual heat of the water from the last wash, rather than air dry with an element. This does tend to leave a little moisture around, but if it's excessive, check that you are using the correct amount of rinse aid. Too little or too much and things will stay rather wet :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

excessive,

How does that work, given that the last thing the dishes see is a clean water rinse?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I'm not sure of the situation when using the 3in1 tabs, but if using separate rinse aid then it is added to the final rinse...

Anyway, 'tis what the manual says, and is also what we've found in use - too much and the dishes comes out wet.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Sure you haven't plumbed it into the hot rather than cold. Dishwashers dry the dishes by condensing the dampness from the last hot rinse by filling the bottom of the dishwasher up with COLD water, allowing to stand for say

10mins then emptying the water, leaving dishes hopefully dry.
Reply to
Ian Middleton

My dishwasher is cold-fill only ... I've noticed that although 'pottery' (plates, cups, etc) and metals (pots, cutlery) and glass (glasses, dishes, ) all 'dry' any plastic (jugs, spatulas, etc) remain wet - it seems that a high thermal mass is required for each item to be 'dry'.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Hi,

The DW releases a tiny amount of rinse aid from a dispenser for the final rinse.

I've also found plastic items don't dry as well as china, I think it's because they conserve less heat so don't evaporate so much surface water as they cool down.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In message , Riz1 writes

I think there's more emphasis on energy efficiency nowadays. Our Bosch has 2 settings for drying - look in the manual to see if yours has. However, even on the hotter setting some items are always left somewhat wet. I've found the best plan to be to leave the dw with the door closed for a while once it has finished and then to open the door and leave it ajar for a while. Most items are then dry.

Reply to
stejonda

Sorry if this is 'bleedin obvious' but are you disturbing the top rack to make it drip? Normal drill is to empty the bottom rack first.

Reply to
Rory