Dishwasher not taking in water

We have an old Zanuzzi DW907 Dishwasher that has recently stopped taking in water. It sounds as if something is happening when the water should be going in (like a pump going) but nothing. I've checked the inlet hose and there is definitely water getting to the back of the machine. Anyone suggest what else to look at.

Cheers

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:45:53 +0100 someone who may be "Steven Campbell" wrote this:-

There are two parts to letting in water. The valve converts an electrical signal into the letting in or not of water. The control system provides this system. It consists of the controller and some detectors which detect water levels.

Look at the inlet valve and see of it operates. You may be able to work it by hand. Operate it from the controller. If it goes click (and perhaps hums) then presumably the controller is working and there is perhaps a mechanical fault in the valve.

Reply to
David Hansen

Some units have a sealed solenoid type inlet valve which defaults to the closed position...if the solenoid goes, that's the end of the valve. Last time this happened to me I had a quote of £50 for a replacement valve ( ho ho ho ).

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard