Dishwasher not emptying

My Bosch S530 dishwasher (about 17 years old) is not emptying. It is an intermittent problem and not due to a blockage as I have monitored the voltage across the pump motor and it not being switched on when it should be. To help my ongoing investigation does anyone know if these machines have a water level sensor or does it just given a time period to empty? Also an odd thing I noticed during my investigation is that the fill water (cold) becomes very foamy without any detergent added and even before it starts to get sprayed around. Any explanation for this and could it be part of my problem? Thanks

Reply to
GerryMc