Dishwasher impeller location

I posted a couple of weeks back before my holiday. "Bl**dy dishwasher"

Siemens SE64630GB/7 not cleaning, top spray arm not moving.

Seems the consensus was it may be a broken impeller.

I've got the dishwasher side panels off and have removed the water distributor as it looked blocked at the top...

Reply to
blackbat

I posted a couple of weeks back before my holiday. "Bl**dy dishwasher"

Siemens SE64630GB/7 not cleaning, top spray arm not moving.

I've got the dishwasher side panels off and have removed the water distributor as it looked blocked at the top...

to clean it and difficult to tell if it is just discoloured.

The group's consensus was it may be a broken impeller.

My question is how do I get to it? I have both side panels off and can see the motor on the right side. Do I get to it from the bottom or even inside the unit?

Reply to
blackbat

ooooeeerr... a double post, dunno what happened there. Ignore the first one, the question is in the second one.

Reply to
blackbat

Hi,

Try the forum on 'UKWhiteGoods' (google).

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Have done - ta.

Reply to
blackbat

Do you think it could be the cause of my problems?

Reply to
blackbat

It's not so hard to clean these units, just fiddly. Pour some neat bleach into it ( you might need to block one or two of the outlets with a cork etc. ) followed by a little hot water - then give the thing a damn good shake. I also use a three foot length of flexible tubing, which I poke down to bore of the unit and blow air through. Takes about half an hour to clean it all out. There should be a little float valve in one corner...I find the air tube is ideal for clearing the crud out of this.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

It's possible - but a lack of water getting into the machine is more likely to be caused by crud in the valve that the water distributor plugs into. If you look at the connections coming off the bottom of the distributor you'll see that one or two of them go directly into a rather complicated plastic gizmo....which has a various small chambers and assorted sticky-up bits....plus a couple of wires connected to a microswitch. I always remove and dismantle this unit when cleaning out the distributor ( it clips together...though it's often a bit Heath-Robinson...so take a piccy or do a sketch of it first, just in case ). Make sure the valves are free to move. With this valve removed you'll have access to the waste pipe that comes directly out of the machine's drain ( which by now will have emptied all its vile water over your kitchen floor....a couple of pints at best ). Use whatever you can to clean this pipe out...a bottle brush is best.

None of this might be the reason for your problem, but it's a free fix

- so you might as well give it a go on the off-chance it'll save you buying any replacement parts.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Cheers for the reply. I managed to clean the fill matrix out with bleach and hot water. The gizmo you're talking about doesn't look too bad but the corrugated pipe coming away from it was full of junk. Unfortunately after reassembling everything there's a nasty leak coming from god knows where. It's impossible to see enough in the bottom tray to diagnose. Annoying 'cos I think I might have cleared the original problem.

Reply to
blackbat

In your case, the pipes at the bottom fit into the matrix via a short rubber sleeve. The sleeve has a ridge inside that engages with a slot round the spigot on the end of the pipe. Make sure the pipes are pushed well in until that engages.

Reply to
Bob Eager

If the leak wasn't there before then it's a fair bet that one of the pipes into the distributor or the valve is leaking. They're usually held on with sprung wire clips...though on some machines the dis.matrix plugs into a couple of sockets that are sealed with rubber grommets.

You should be able to see any leaks from the matrix connections.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

I agree, but I couldn't see it leaking from the matrix. Can't see a leak source anywhere so am considering taking the cavity off. I think I may have loosened something near the motor when I was trying to get that out to check the impeller blades. It's so frustrating knowing it's prob an easy fix but I just can't get to it.

Reply to
blackbat

Hmmm, don't think the leak's there. I'll check once more though. Thanks.

Reply to
blackbat