Dishwasher cleaners

Something that has always puzzled me: Why do the manufacturers of 'Finish' etc feel that there is a need to manufacture a cleaning liquid for the purpose of cleaning the inside of a dishwasher. If dishwasher powder/tablets are so successful at cleaning food and grease off crockery and pans - why don't they keep the inside of the dishwasher clean at the same time?

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Dunno but dishwashers do seem to clag up with crud very quickly and, yes, dishwasher cleaner does seem to get rid of it.

However, I have a theory that the real reason why dishwasher cleaner works is because it is used with the machine empty.

When the machine is full the plates deflect the water jets and hecne crud builds up. When the machine is empty the jets can blast all areas of the machine and thus wash the crud build up away.

Sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Valid points!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

and if Teflon is non-stick how does it stay on the pan ?

Reply to
Rick

Finish dishwasher cleaner is expensive.

I use dishwasher cleaner tablets from Sainsburys. They do a good job.

It's surprising the difference that cleaning the dishwasher makes.

However, it's pointless just using tablets. It is also necessary to regularly clean the sive tray / filter in the bottom of the dishwasher.

Graham

Reply to
graham

In article , Uno Hoo! writes

But that would make their claims shameless hype, surely not . . .

. . . SC Johnson, a family company

Reply to
fred

I think they have a mild descaler as well.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

It doesn't..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Then use Swedish cleaner.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

For the same reason that a dog licks its bollocks.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Agreed - and also highly irritant if you get it on your skin!

Excellent - they still make them then - our store never seems to have the damn things - agree they do a great job!

Thanks for that! Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

That was quite good - maybe you should give up the day job.

Reply to
Richard Conway

And go property developing?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I've never cleaned mine (other than to chean the filters and around the door seals) Perhaps it dependes upon the water hardness.

John

Reply to
john

Was this deliberate or were you asleep? ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

That's something you could try. Only thing is that I suppose you might find dealing with planning departments not to your liking?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, I don't think I would.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Whoops - asleep and careless with the cutting.

Reply to
john

"asleep and careless with the cutting" and "bollocks" is not a happy conjunction.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You are Bob Monkhouse and I claim my £5.

(:-)

Graham

Reply to
graham