Dishawasher electrics stopping mid wash

Hello,

Our bosch diswasher (working for 5 years) has starting to short the electrics and stop mid wash (except when on intense wash) and causing the electrics for downstairs to short and get cut at the fuse box. Is this a) the diswasher itself (most likely) and b) will it be cost effective to repair (no insurance) or would it be better to get a new one. Also the diswasher itself has been growing "black stuff" inside it - seems to be mold - what are the likely causes?

thanks in advance

R,

Reply to
theregistry786

Is it heating?

Reply to
John

no

Reply to
theregistry786

I think you have an answer - the heater may have failed and might be shorting to earth. Maybe after 5 years it is time for a new dishwasher - unless you are really determined.

Reply to
John

Dont scrap it. Talk to BSH appliance care and get it repaired. If you know what you are doing go on thier website and oreder the part and fit it yourself.

really easy to deal with.

Regards

Steve

Reply to