Discount store rechargeables = total shite?

Am looking to get some cheap & cheerful AA rechargeable cells. Not the

2000 mAh stuff I use for some appliances but maybe 600 or 700 mAh.

Is the discount store stuff worth using?

Am not expecting a lot but I don't leaks or they work for 3 recharges and then become next to useless.

Reply to
Zak

Poundland do the same thing £1.00 for 4 x 700mAh. You pay's for what you get.

Dave

Reply to
Dave {ð¿ð}

The message from Zak contains these words:

I've had Aldi (or Lidl, forget which) NiMhs - rated at 1.8Ah and they've been fine for a couple of years so far, running digital cameras and a whole pile of other stuff.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Zak writes

Try eBay, I got 16 x 2600mAh AA NiMH as a buy it now for £3.99 inc P&P

Reply to
bof

x-no-archive: yes

i would stick with uniross (green/silver ones),NimH stylee. about £1- a pack of 4 AA, my ones have been going several years (with recharging!) no probs at all- thr higher ampage ones are great for use in digital cameras.

Reply to
nocluse

Ni-Cad or NiMH?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

the poundland 4 for a quid are decent enough for the low power kit and last well I tried a set in my digital camera which is hard on batteries and surprisingly they worked perfectly if you want better 7dayshop do a range as do maplin but wait for maplin specials avoid like the plague green unbranded off ebay they are crap, Aldi and Lidls are fine but sell out in minutes Derek

Reply to
Derek

The message from "Derek" contains these words:

Odd, AAs were still kicking around a fortnight later round here.

Reply to
Guy King

Have some solar lights , some now 4 years old, still running on their original Jumpsun brand 600mAh NiCds.

MiMh batteries are now so cheap though makes little economic sense to use NiCd in most applications.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

I have a set of wireless headphones that state in the manual: "Use only Ni-Cd batteries. Under no circumstances use alkaline or NiMH batteries."

Always wondered why myself.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

Probably because the charger is crap - one that Nicads can tolerate (just) but NiMHs would eventually leak.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Probably because of the charger? A Ni-Cad charger isn't suitable for NiMH. Alkalines have a higher initial voltage which the equipment may not like.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's cheap. Are you sure you get 4 real uniross for £1?

Reply to
Andy