Disappearing sandstone house blocks

Hi all

My house is a sandstone terrace in Yorkshire. and I have a wee problem with the face of some sandstone blocks turning back into sand. Im sure it isnt a normal rate of destruction as I think in about 5 years, one of the blocks by my door will have disappeared and a nice sandpit by my steps instead.

Is there anything I can do about this? Some sort of coating? I was thinking maybe PVA, but maybe it will adversely affect the stone by not allowing it to pass moisture back out again.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

James

Reply to
Jim Wilson