"Dirty" water supply

Many thanks to the following, much appreciated, good comments and advice:

Andrew Gabriel Tim Watts ARW Adam Funk polygonum Owain Frank Erskine Brian Gaff

The person who recommended the group warned me about the "know-alls and fuckwits club" No thanks to those whatsoever: you give the group as a whole a bad name.

Eric Peter Parry Bob Eager "Man at B&Q"

Reply to
Jane Frith

I think that comment says more about its writer than about the gentlemen heretofore mentioned.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

e:

When the going gets tough, the "tough" turn to their partner...

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

The kind of customer who's called a stupid bitch when the door shuts or the phone is put down. The type who calls a couple of times to confirm what she was told the first time. One who spots a microscopic grease mark on the item and demands a discount for the stress it's caused. Then wonders why she can't get the same company to return when she has another problem !

Reply to
Eric

Shirley you mean "nag" ?

Reply to
Eric

On Wednesday 15 May 2013 13:05 Jane Frith wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Oi! I know one of those personally - If you found Bob objectionable then I'm afraid the fault lies with the beholder.

Me OTOH everyone finds objectionable...

Reply to
Tim Watts

An object lesson in engendering "good neighbourliness" and ensuring prompt and helpful future responses.

Reply to
polygonum

"She" did? I must have missed it.

Quite. And PP is a good chap, also, very kindly once sending me some PTFE insulated wire to replace some melted bits under the bonnet of my TVR and refusing payment.

Form a line, you.

Reply to
Huge

Quite, mind you from the orginal post it could be seen that trouble was likely, trying to blame any body else but herself. Mrs Frith has obviously not read the instructions for the machine which will undoubtly say to leave the drawer open and/or dry it after use, wash regularly etc.

Just common sense, basic, machine maintenance really.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Go f*ck yourself Jane. I have read all of the above names for years; they are good people. As for your washing machine, use a toothbrush to clean out the jets above the conditioner tray. Take the tray out and wash it. Use Stardrops. Then, STFU and go f*ck yourself again.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I do to the extent that it's practical in the kitchen. (If I had a utility room, I'd leave them open most of the time.) But the main problem IME (at least on the previous machine; as I said, I'm trying preventive measures on the new one) is mould growth in the top of the cavity that the drawer fits into.

Some people have mentioned running a hot wash regularly to keep the machine clean. I use the 90° cycle once or maybe twice a month, but I don't see how that can help keep the drawer & slot clean, since it's a cold-fill-only machine: only the drum & output parts get hot.

You mean the drawer itself or the drawer slot?

Reply to
Adam Funk

But there is an open path from the drum up into the drawer area. A properly thought through and designed machine would make sure that the drawer area got reasonably hot, 70 C plus. But a) I doubt that much thought goes into that area of a machines design and b) the elvensafty safety lot wouldn't allow it incase some one opened the drawer and got a scald from it or the hot steam...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'm not even sure what poor Bob is meant to have done as his sole contribution was both accurate and quite innocuous. I suspect this was someone who didn't want answers to a problem but merely to have their rather silly preconceptions confirmed.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Am I the only one getting a whiff of troll?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Maybe?

Wonder if this is the same person?

polygonum

Whoops - meant to say, partner said something like "Bet she is a teacher, even a head..." when discussing the thread earlier.

Reply to
polygonum

How is it going to get the drawer area up to >70 when most people don't do any washes above 60?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

The destructions for the machine will almost certainly have one saying do a boil wash every so often.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I regularly wash such as white towels at 95 C.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

They'd also get support calls like "there's steam seeping out of the drawer, what's wrong?!"

My manual says to use 90° once a month (I think). I do that anyway, because there are a few things I wash that hot, but I doubt most people use that programme much. I would like to have a proper cold wash, though; clothes that don't need hot water last longer if washed in cold.

Reply to
Adam Funk