Dirty water pump

I need to pump the water in the last chamber (the one with the cleanest water) of a three-chamber septic tank.

There, the water does not contain almost any solids but I need a sturdy pump (previously, a Karcher SDP 14000 developed a vertical crack in the yellow plastic housing, where some fibers would stick out, and where plenty of water came out while pumping)

The head I need is small, about three meters.

Which pump should I get?

I guess I just need one like the Karcher SDP 14000 but sturdier. This is a 800w pump which is about fine for my requirements.

Do I need a full sewage pump with inox housing, and grinder?

Thanks,

Antonio

Reply to
asalcedo

I would say not. I use whatever submersible pump I can get cheap in my system. They generally last about 10 years. I think there's a Draper one down there at the moment. The previous one was a Flygt (sp?) one.

Reply to
Huge

IIRC my Einhell branded Makro special claims to cope with solids up to

30mm in diameter. That ought to do what you want.
Reply to
John Rumm

I'm pretty sure you've spelt it right. I am a Control and Instrumentation Engineer and many years ago a collegue discussed a contract we'd received from a large petrochem company with me and the absolutely awful Flygt level switches that they had specified.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Flygt is a well known manufacturer of sewage plant. Used to be one of the best. Dunno about these days. They used to make special "macerating" pumps for sewage. (For pumping the lumpy stuff)

Reply to
harry