Diplomat/SMEG ADP 8242 Dishwasher

Hello all... Our dishwasher has developed a leak from the main motor / dra in pump interface i.e. where the motor spindle enters the white plastic pum p unit. I have removed the pump from the machine and it appears that a mou lded black silicon rubber seal has failed. This seal is fixed / integrated into the plastic itself and I could only remove it by, in effect, destroyi ng the seal! Does anyone know or could suggest a work around for this prob lem? Could an 'O' ring simply be substituted to effect a complete seal?

This activity is a first for me so any 'pointers' would be greatly apprecia ted. Indeed if anyone can suggest a supplier who might charge a reasonable price for a replacement unit? I have been quoted circa £90 for this seemingly simple item of moulded plastic.

Reply to
Richardmerri

Age of machine? Given their price, a moan at the suppliers might be in order. An O-ring just might work, if you can find one the right size, but that might be difficult.

Reply to
newshound

Hi... Machine age, about seven years... Thanks for your helpful comments, I'm going to do a 'trawl' of some local plumbers' merchants tomorrow (Tues day) and see what I can find... I also considered seating a new 'O' ring i n some waterproof silcone sealant... Failing that I'll do what you say wit h the suppliers and see if they might 'negotiate' :-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richardmerri