Diplomat and Howdens:(

Around three years ago we bought a kitchen suite from this outfit.

Unfortunately the fridge unit has packed up and works more as a freezer than a fridge.

Their service outfit "Extra Care" want the postcode and despite giving then the one from the post orifice they can't find it on their "system".

They might have a way around that but they must have the model number bit thats nowhere to be found on the unit:(

Howdens need everything put in writing as a complaint but I need to get the poxy thing fixed (they haven't got contact details on their website)

On the underside its got a motor with Electrolux writ thereon, so I presume this diplomat crap is a re badged unit?.

Anyone have any idea what make it might be before it was re-badged?..

Even a Electrolux ???

TIA...

Reply to
tony sayer

The thermostat has failed short-circuit. They're easy to buy and trivial to fit. Persoanlly, I would fix it myself, since it's probably easier to do that than make a warranty claim. You can always send the receipt to the vendor for a refund. :o)

Reply to
Huge

I believe that Diplomat appliances are imported by Slemcka. They may be able to help you:

DIY

tony sayer wrote in

Not much help with the fridge, I'm afraid, but you might point out to them that they are required to have contact details on their site.

PeterMcC

Seems not .. according to them. They did import a small fridge with a name like that but nothing to do with the Howdens cack:(...

Reply to
tony sayer

tony sayer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk:

Howdens used to be the trade arm of MFI. Not sure of the ownership at present. Anyway, that doesn't address the problem...

Try posting in the forums over on this site:

Hope this helps

Reply to
Richard Perkin