Dining Table Advice

I'm just about to shell out for a dining table and have seen a really nice, solid looking one in Homebase (no really, it looks great).

It has a clear lacquer on it. Would this be a problem down the line if if got scratched as opposed to one treated with say, Danish oil?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ed_Zep

really

We got a really nice dining table from Mark&Sparks a couple of years back - very pleased with it, until the eco friendly non solvent, water based varnish started going soft and sticky. After much arguing they agreed to replace it, and within 18 months exactly the same thing has happened to the replacement. In humid weather table mats stick so hard it's a major job to shift them, and newspapers tear as you lift them. Moral of the story, get a cast iron untertaking that the surface finish is fit for purpose and that they will exchange it or give you your money back if the surface degrades.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I can't see the point in exchanging if they're all the same, you should have got your money back in the first place

Reply to
Phil L