Dimplex Wall Heaters

I'm doing some decorating in my sons flat. There are 2 small Dimplex fan heaters fixed high up on the walls operated with pull cords. As I'm painting the walls I really need to take them down. I just wondered how they are fixed in place. They seem quite firmly attached so I don't think they are just hanging on those keyhole type slots so would I be right in thinking I have to take the cover off and there will be screws fixing them to the wall inside the heater?

TIA John

Reply to
Nodge

When I removed one from my bathroom, I had to take the cover off. There were then 2 keyhole type slots and I think two more normal screw holes as well.

Reply to
Matthew Ames

If they're same as the 20 year old one I referred to in another thread, you remove the right hand panel, light, or shaver socket (depending on the model) on the front with one screw. This gives access to remove all three screws holding on the whole front. Then you'll find (IIRC) the top two wall screw fixings are keyhole slotted and might just need slackening off, but the bottom fixing isn't slotted and (if fitted) will need the screw removing.

Take the opportunity to blow all the dust out of the fan, grilles (front, back, and bottom), and the element.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

OK, thanks guys.

Reply to