Dimmers and halogen lights

Hi, I bought a 500W MK dimmer to use with my 6 12V 50W halogen lights (electrician who fitted them said they are dimmable). However the dimmer cuts out as soon as it is on and the instructions say only 5 max transformers should be used (shame you have to open the pack to find out).

Anyone any advice on dimmers for 6 lights?

Thanks Pete

Reply to
Pete