digital wristwatches

Ah, but then you would kill the market.

I don't have one, but I do quite like those with a nice soothing female voice. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Have not had a watch since mobile phones, the only use for a watch today is as Bling.

Reply to
F Murtz

Sorry but actually getting out my mobile solely to read the time is something I would rather avoid. Despite having two mobiles on my desk, computer monitor, wired phone with time display - I still use my wristwatch for noting when I start and finish activities.

Reply to
polygonum

How about caesium watches?

No need for radio-control...

Reply to
polygonum

g just got a new Casio "solar" watch - > because it was cheaper then replac ing the strap and glass on my old one - > I'll see how the solar bit works. > I wonder if they will have the same problem as the other battery-less te chnologies such as "Seiko Kinetic" that use (wet) capacitor technology to s tore the power. The capacitor fails after a few years, or sooner if you lea ve it to fully discharge. -- mailto:news{at}admac(dot}myzen{dot}co{dot}uk

Ah! I've got one of those that I wear as a 'high days and holidays' watch, and I've noticed that, once 'wound up', it seems to run down a lot quicker than it used to (although someone suggested that maybe I'm just an idle bas tard who doesn't move around enough to keep it wound up...).

Reply to
Halmyre

ll have so many unwanted functions ? >> If they were all dropped, we could have buttonless, >> permanently sealed, solar powered, radio controlled >> digital wristwatches that were virtually everlasting - >> and a lot cheaper too.. >> >> Jim Hawkins >> >> >> > > > Have not had a watch since mobile p hones, the only use for a watch today > is as Bling. Sorry but actually get ting out my mobile solely to read the time is something I would rather avoi d. Despite having two mobiles on my desk, computer monitor, wired phone wit h time display - I still use my wristwatch for noting when I start and fini sh activities. -- Rod

Snap; although I probably use the PC clock icon more than my wristwatch. Bu t however little I use the watch, I always miss it if I'm not wearing it.

Reply to
Halmyre

Someone, who will remain nameless, has been known to ask me the time, after looking at her own watch. A good example of form defeating function, the markings are a simple 4 identical rectangular blobs. For significant parts of the day, the actual time is somewhat harder to read than a sundial.

Whilst on the subject, what is this whole thing about paying obscene amounts for something incredibly chunky with more dials than a cockpit, and certified to be able to handle immersion significantly deeper than the human body can stand?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Battery? I have to wind up my Rusian military watch:-)

Reply to
ARW

I inherited my father's analogue mechanical Swiss dress watch, which has gold hands on a gold face. It's almost impossible to read.

Reply to
Huge

Watch? What is this device of which you write?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon